Sunday, June 2, 2013

It's A Wonderful Weekend

Okay. Let me start off by saying that this weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. For many reasons. Which I will now share with you. I'll try to be quick while still detailed. It that's even possible for me.

Friday, May 31:
Teacher prep day for work. A lot of organizing and cleaning. Typical fun. I left early to take my sister to the doctor. I dropped her off and went to the bank and to the store. I had to buy some supplies for the weekend. Marshmallows to go with the graham crackers and chocolate I already had. Yes, S'mores, baby! I drove back to the doctor's office and waited in the waiting room for my sister. We were there for two hours. It was a little crazy weird. But I had a book. So it's all good. We went home. I showered and got everything I'd need for CAMPING and rushed back out. I got to our spot just as a bunch of people I knew were heading to the beach. Syd came over to my car and said I was just in time to play football. "But I have to set up my tent." "No you don't. You're sleeping in that big green tent with us." Sweet! So off to beach football I went. Haha, so much for showering... whatever. After that, Syd and I headed to the teen bible talk. My first bible talk as a leader! SO excited was I! It was so much fun. I met a lot of new teens there. Good times. Dinner, games, and a bible lesson. It was great. Then we headed back to the beach. Camping! There were a ton of people there. Some of us went to the beach and played Ninja. I've never played it before, but it was really fun. Everyone stands in a circle. Bow to your sensei. Ninja! And everyone strikes a "ninja pose." You go around the circle trying to get other people out by hitting their hand with your own. But while you thrust offensively, each person on either side of you has a defensive move. It can get fast and confusing. But I loved it. I play defensively. Haha. I was second place the first time, and winner the second. Yes, I believe defense is the way to go. Then we all hung out on the sand, looking up at the massive amount of stars floating in the sky above. It was beautiful. My goodness! I headed back to the campsite and sat in one of the open chairs in the circle. We talked for a while. I love talking to people. I really do. I like hearing what other people have to say. Even random things. Especially random things. Eventually I ended up in my tent and went to bed.

Saturday, June 1:
I woke up a little before 5:30 and crept out to watch the sunrise. I sat on the beach for over an hour. It was pretty sweet watching the entirety of the rise. I cannot recall the last time I spent that much time watching the sunrise, if ever. It was very peaceful. I tried and failed at going back to sleep. So when someone came up to me and asked to help crack eggs for breakfast, I happily said yes. I soon became the egg maker. We cracked 10 dozen eggs, scrambled them, and saltpeppercheesed them. Yum. Then the others cooked bacon. Lots and LOTS of bacon. Like an Epic Meal Time amount of bacon. It was nice talking with the other cooks. Everyone woke up and we all ate breakfast. Talking. Chilling. Hanging out. In the afternoon, we went to the beach. Some guys dug a big hole. Some of us played beach volleyball. It was fun. I'm pretty bad at volleyball, but somehow our team won both rounds. It was so hot. So obviously, we hit the water! So refreshing! Nice waves. Got out and played a couple games. One involved toilet paper. The other involved diapers. Nuff said. Lunch! Nap on the beach. I walked to the beach,made a little sand mound for my neck, lay down, closed my eyes, and fell asleep. It was delicious. I woke up to a cold, sprinkling drizzle. We ran back up to our tent. The other two went back to sleep, but I couldn't. It wasn't as cozy as the sand. Another friend came down. Hanging out. Prepared dinner. Ate. S'mores. Talking. Walking. Dancing. Scary stories. CAMPING.

Sunday, June 2:
Woke up a little later than the day before, but I was still able to watch the sunrise. Quick morning. Packed up everything. Headed out. I went home. Showered. Got ready for church. My mom dropped off Kulia to go babysit before heading to church. Kaleo and I rode with my nana to church. We had a guest speaker. It was an excellent message. Go! Go in the strength you have. Go in spite of fear. GO. His three children shared a little of their stories. Such a sweet family. Going away lunch for Stephanie at Bangkok Chef. Movie with my mom and sister. Now You See Me. It was so good! The whole time, my sister and I couldn't help but smile at "baby Franco." He's too cute. Haha. The movie was so cool. I love magic tricks. I love seeing how they are done. The plot was great. The acting was great. Very funny. A lot of twists along the way. Action. I can see how it'd be really cool in 3D. I dropped off my mom and sister at home and headed back out. I joined in on a Bible study with one of the teen girls. I'm very excited to get to know her more and watch her grow in the Lord.

So you see. I had a fabulous weekend. I did more than I wrote out here. I don't think you want to know every single thing I did. That would take hours. So that was the quick version, if you could call it that.


No comments:

Post a Comment