Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Stand Firm

After work I had another Bible Study with one of the teen girls. It was about motives. Her motives for wanting to study the Bible. Her motives on pursuing and building a relationship with God. This got me thinking back to when I was studying the Bible. Before I was baptized and decided to fully dedicate my life to God. At first I wanted to study the Bible because I was impacted by seeing people live out their faith. My motives were part awe, part curiosity. I knew I loved God, but I was unsure of what that meant for my life exactly. During my studies, I was connecting intellectually, but I knew something was missing. I knew God loved me and that he sent his Son to die on the cross for me. But it took me a while before I truly felt it deep in my heart. And once I realized that, there was no turning back. I knew that a life with God was the best way. The ONLY way. Each day I strive to do better, be better, live better. For God. Do what pleases Him and brings Him joy. To make Him smile. Because ultimately it is His opinion that matters. Who cares if the world doesn't agree? Who cares if people think I'm crazy? Who cares if I get teased and persecuted for my faith in Jesus Christ? Not me! I pray that for the rest of my life, I continue to stand firm in the faith I profess. That I may cling to God with all my might and never ever ever let go.

Proverbs 10:25 NIV
"When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever."

Isaiah 7:9 NIV
"...If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all."

Matthew 10:22 NIV
"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

Luke 21:19 NIV
"Stand firm, and you will win life"

1 Corinthians 10:12 NIV
"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!"

1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV
"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 16:13 NIV
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment