Wednesday, June 5, 2013

M&M

Tonight we had out first Ohana Group meeting of the semester. We are studying out a book called The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant by Terry Felber. I just finished the story last night. I cannot wait to discuss it. I really enjoyed it. You know how I've been trying to figure out what to do, and what I want to do with the rest of my life. My "future." So I came across a passage in the book I really liked. It talked about how you should work hard at something you love and eventually you will see the blessings of God in what you do. I love that! Just do something that I love, that is pleasing to God, and watch God work in my life. Work hard and God will bless it. So even though I sometimes feel as though I am not doing anything of importance or worth, I am. I am taking care of God's children. I am teaching them. I am loving them. I am making a positive difference in their lives. And I know that God is blessing the work that I do. I can see it everyday, if I pay attention.

Another point I really like is "see challenges as stepping stones, not as obstacles." When it comes down to it, it is all about perspective. All of my problems are there to guide my life journey. Not stop me. Step on. Step up.

What I take from the whole of the story is this. We are all made differently. We have different gifts and talents. We are made to do jobs that are unique to us according to the way God designed us. Some monks. Some merchants. And it is all good. As long as we are doing it all for God. To please Him. That's what really matters. It's a weight lifted from my shoulders. I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to be able to do everything. I just need to do what God calls me to do and do it well. Work hard. Awesome.

I really love my little Ohana group. I am looking forward to getting to know new people and building relationships. Yes, I love relationships. Getting closer. I am greatly looking forward to discussions and delving deeper. This is going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment