Monday, March 18, 2013

Hot Yoga: Day 3

I went to the dentist today. Bad news. I need to pull out all four of my wisdom teeth!! Pain!! :(

On a happier note, it's Spring Break! Whoohoo! But I did go to work today. Haha. Teacher Prep day. No kids. Just us grown-ups. My mom had me make Open-Faced Turkey Pestos for all my co-workers for after our staff meeting. She also had me bake chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cup cookies for our birthday celebration. And guess what. I didn't eat any. Yay! Keeping with my goal of the week like a pro! :) Will power. Success. I'm so glad that that's my goal this week. I probably would've eaten one of each (at least) if it wasn't. So hooray for weekly goals!

Hot Yoga! I have missed you my friend! Okay, so for those who don't know what hot yoga is, it is yoga that is done in a heated room. 90-100F. It feels amazing. Trust me. I fell in love with hot yoga when I was in Ohio and today I took my first class since moving back home. Btw, groupons are the business. You see, yoga classes can be pretty pricey. $20 for drop-ins, or you could buy class packs. For example, you can do 20 classes for $300, which comes out to $15 a class. But with groupon, I got 20 classes for... drum roll please... $89! What a steal! That's like $4.50 a class. So yup. I was very happy about that. Hot yoga was so good tonight. There's nothing like the feeling you get after just finishing a hot yoga class. I feel so detoxified. So open. So cleansed. If you've never taken a class, you should definitely find a class near you and try it out. You'll thank yourself.

Food Intake
Apple
Water
1/4 Open-Faced Turkey Pesto
Spinach
Peppers
Mushrooms
1 Hard Boiled Egg
1 Slice American Cheese
Water
Smoothie - [Mixed Berries, Spinach, Banana, 1/3 cup Strawberry Yogurt, 1/2 cup Fat Free Milk]
Water
Banana
Water
Carrots
1/4 cup Sabra Classic Hummus

Exercise
Hot Vinyasa 75 min

Quick Tip:
I buy the pack of six bell peppers (2 red, 2 orange, 2 yellow), and big thing of mushrooms from Costco, dice/slice it up, and stick them in Ziplock bags in the freezer. That way, when I want to make myself some veggies, I can whip them out and just toss them into a pan with some fresh baby spinach. Quick and easy. Saves me time and money. And if I know it won't take me long to prepare, I am more inclined to eat it.

This is what I made at work today. Yummy veggies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment