Saturday, March 16, 2013

First Steps: DAY 1

Today marks the first day of my journey. My goal is to lose 45 pounds. By August 2013. I will do my best to blog daily, in order to keep myself accountable of my actions. Accountability is key to discipline. At least for me anyways. Everything I eat. Exercises I do. Weight loss. I'll blog it. So let's go on a journey!

I found this page through Pinterest that lists 50 running tips. I read through it and so I decided that hey, I'm gonna run today. I used some of those helpful tips, and away I went. Like it suggests, I decided to start off easy. Especially since last week Saturday I Charlie-horsed my right knee and I still had pains this week. I didn't want to overexert myself and do more damage than good. So I kept a light pace. My goal was 30 minutes. Success! I have a New Balance HRT. You wear it like a watch and has all these different functions. I don't know how completely accurate it is, but it supposedly tells me how much calories I burn during exercise. I take it as truth. Why not? It's pretty fun to see how much calories you can burn, don't you think? I just ran out my door, around my neighborhood. Thank you tips! Haha.

Food Intake
Apple
Water
S2B2 Smoothie
1tsp peanut butter
1tsp sugar
Bell peppers
Mushrooms
Spinach
2 eggs
1/4 cup Kraft Mexican shredded cheese
Water
Carrots
2 Tbsp Sabra Classic Hummus

Exercise
Jog/walk 35 min (600 Cal)

These are just my running shoes that I absolutely LOVE!
See, it shows how long I ran and how much calories I burned.

Hebrews 12:1 NIV
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

So here I end. Having taken that crucial first step towards greatness. Let's see how far I can go!

You can do it!
I love you!
Have a great day!
Smiles and hugs from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment