Friday, March 29, 2013

Kiko and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day: Day 14

I am right now, currently, taking part in emotional eating.

I had a bad day. And I realize that having a bad day does not equate to stuffing my face and making my body suffer, you see, right now, I just don't care. I just ate a slice of cheese pizza. One Samoas. (Thank you Girl Scouts.) And presently have a quart of Baskin Robbins Gold Medal Ribbon sitting on the table in front of me, with a spoon. A spoonful of ice cream that I just jutted into my mouth. Yummmm.

Let's start from the beginning. Oh but before I start, let me warn you. SPOLER ALERT FOR THE MOVIE G.I. JOE: RETALIATION.

This morning, soon after my mom left the house I get a phone call. It's my mom. Our car got broken into last night. while. I. was. at. Hot. Yoga. What the heck? The thieves popped open the passenger side door lock, took a bunch of CD's (not all of the CD's that were in the car, just the ones on the passenger side,) the ash tray (with eight pennies! , ) popped open our trunk and took a printer, and possibly other stuff but I don't know what was back there. How did I not know that someone broke into the car?! Well, my purse was still in the trunk. Thank you God. I mean it. I hid it under a jacket close to the back of the trunk. Which is weird because if someone gets into the trunk of your car, they can take anything they want. Hiding things won't matter. But for some amazing reason, in my case, it did. Oh. And the thieves took our car papers. The deed, insurance etc. Why?! Who takes car papers!?!?! So my mom files a police report. But the DMV is closed today (state holiday) and so we can't really do anything about the papers.

So because of all this, I am running late, when for some odd reason I realize that my library books were due yesterday, and I planned on dropping them off at the library on my way to work, but because of all this, I am too late to stop at the library. And yes. I realize that overdue library books is no big deal. But I'm weird. I don't like overdue books. It makes my stomach hurt. Don't judge me. I get to work the fastest ever due to the state holiday and school is out for most. So thankfully I'm not late.

I go into work and start boiling the water for the Matzo Ball Soup we'd be having at morning snack. Man, water takes  f o r e v e r  to boil. But I get it going. However, I was talking to my mom about the whole car fiasco as I'm adding the water and I put too much. So after adding the packets of soup mix I realize it's too watery. I add in the matzo balls that I prepared yesterday and had in the refrigerator, so they don't get as soft as they should and take longer to cook, and I totally could have just done everything this morning instead of starting yesterday and blah di doo. I end up having to cut all 40 plus balls in half. Divvy it out for the three classrooms. And deliver it. Of course the kids love it and continuously want more until it's all gone. So okay. This soup business doesn't count as a problem. But at the time, I was a little upset that it wouldn't turn out good, and if you know me, you know I'm a perfectionist. Especially about the things I know how to do well. If you are a perfectionist, you understand.

On my break I called the dental office (the one where I'm having my surgery tomorrow) back to ask some questions. Which just made me think more about tomorrow. Which I am very much so NOT looking forward to. The four wisdom teeth that are getting pulled. The pain. To be sedated, to not be sedated. The cost. The painful cost. And because of this, I had less time to read my book during my break. And I just thought more about my teeth. And I can't eat or drink anything, including water, eight hours prior to my surgery. I wonder if I'll be able to eat after my surgery. Who knows.

Later on in the afternoon, my mom pulls me on the side to pray with me. I'm so confused. The paramedics and fire department are at our house because my sister's heart sped-up, or slowed-down, and she called 911. (She was home because they didn't have school today due to the state holiday.) And she would be taken to the emergency room. So my mom had to leave work to go meet her there to see what happened. We didn't understand what was going on. And my nana called crying. And I'm not going to say what happened with my sister exactly. This is the internet. But my mom went to to my sister. To the hospital. And I stayed at work. Confused.

So we were supposed to go to this Good Friday, Easter service thing with my Nana at her church. But because of everything that happened, I was just waiting around the phone to see what the deal was. When I finished work, I saw that my mom had texted me. They were at the hospital still. Waiting for test results. She said to go do something with Miss Gayle and then bring her home to our house, and my mom would take her home. So I was like, okay, no Easter thingy I guess. So I checked movie times. Now, you know I really wanted to see The Host. I also wanted to see G.I. Joe: Retaliation. And The Host wasn't playing for another three hours. And there was a G.I. Joe showing in one hour. So we decided to watch that. It took us a while to find parking. But we found a spot. Got our tickets. Got our seats. And our popcorn. And it was all good. Until. Channing. Tatum. Died! I could not believe it! They killed Channing Tatum. Like, five minutes into the movie. I was so shocked. I couldn't. I just. I was like what?! Are you kidding me?! Aw man, we shoulda just waited the three hours to see The Host! How could they just kill of Channing Tatum?! Gahh!! Now, I will say this. It was a great movie. But THEY. KILLED. CHANNING. TATUM! And in the beginning! My favorite part was when Snake Eyes and Jinx were fighting the guys on the mountain. Now that was pretty wicked. It was so fun to watch. And then, Zartan blew up London! My city! (Today I was looking at places to rent there if I so chose to move there one day. Purely out of curiosity and fun.) And while I knew that was going to happen since it was in the trailer, I was still upset. At least they saved the world. But Duke! Why did he have to die? I don't get that. See, if everything in the movie happened the way it happened, and Duke didn't die, it would have been the best movie ever. But he died. So I don't really think I'll need to watch that movie ever again. That was the stupidest thing to make him die. Channing Tatum. Channing Tatum. But alas, life goes on.

After the movie finished, I checked my phone and saw that I had missed calls and texts from my nana asking me if we were coming to the Easter thingy tonight! I instantly felt so terrible. I didn't know she was still going. I didn't know my mom didn't tell her that we weren't, due to the whole sister thing. I felt bad. And I was like, ah! In my head. I didn't mean to! I texted her back that I was so sorry and such. Man. Mean Kiko. I didn't even know. As Duke died, I was unintentionally letting my nana down. :(

On the drive home I just talked to Miss Gayle. Basically all that I just told you. And I prayed that God would allow everything to go well with my surgery tomorrow. And that I would miraculously be totally good afterwards. So good. No chipmunk cheeks. No pain. No bruises. So that I can go to the Easter service thingy with my nana tomorrow. Because there's another one. Tomorrow. Prayer is powerful. I totally believe that I could wake up from my surgery, walk out of there good as can be. Go watch The Host with my mom, and go to the Easter service with my nana. Yup. I have faith. In God. Please God. Please.

My mom is driving Miss Gayle home. She told me not to feel bad about missing the thing tonight. But I do. That's who I am. I feel bad for things. And I am at my computer venting this all out to you. My sister is in her room sleeping. So I am unable to pester her and figure out what the heck happened today. And I need to know. Goodness.

But I must say. I do feel a whole lot better having vented it all out. It's a release of some sort. And by the way, my emotional eating wasn't so bad. I only had the one slice of pizza, one cookie, and maybe 1/2 a cup of the ice cream.

Still thinking about Channing Tatum. Okay. My favorite movie of his is hands down, She's the Man, with Amanda Bynes. Actually, it's one of my most favorite movies of all time as well. And recently my sisters and I have been watching it all day err day. Well, not factually, it most certainly feels like it. It's the best :) And in that movie, his character's name is Duke. In G.I. Joe, his character's name is Duke. Haha. Just thought I'd say it.

My nana just got home and I went outside to hug her and tell her I'm sorry about not coming and how I felt all bad and everything. And she said no worries. But it was great. And I told her about my prayer for a miracle tomorrow. And about Channing Tatum. And how they killed him off so quickly. She watched it last night with my papa. Why did you do it? Why'd you kill him off? But anyways, now I feel even better. Cuz I hugged my nana. And she's praying for my miracle tomorrow. :)

Maybe my day wasn't soooo bad. But little things, when added up all together, make something seem big. Just sayin'. But there's always balance. So maybe today was so bad for me, because tomorrow is going to be great! Faith! :)

Food Intake
Apple
Water
2 String Cheeses
Matzo Ball Soup
Matzo
1 Tbsp Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus
1/4 cup of Egg Salad [Hard-Boiled Eggs, Mayonnaise]
Banana
1/3 cup Strawberry Yogurt
Water
Stick Cheese
Matzo PB&J
Kiddie Movie Popcorn with Butter
Kid's Strawberry Icee
Reese's Pieces
Mochi Crunch
Slice of Papa John's Cheese Pizza
1 Samoas
1/2 cup Ice Cream
Water

Exercise
None

Channing Tatum as Duke in She's The Man

 Channing Tatum as Duke in G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Matthew 6:19-21 NIV
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No comments:

Post a Comment