Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Miranda Kenneally!

Okayokayokay. Breathe. Miranda Kenneally tweeted me!!! :) Look!!! I tweeted her on her birthday and she tweeted me back! I'm so excited!


Now you may or may not be wondering, "Who is Miranda Kenneally?" If you already know who she is, I adore you. If not, well let me enlighten you. Miranda Kenneally is a Young Adult author. She currently has three books out. All of which I most absolutely love. They are kind of like a series. All intertwined with one another, which is the best. I love when my favorite characters continue to reappear in books down the line. Like their story isn't finished. Even if the next book doesn't revolve around them, it involves them. And that, my friends, is good enough for me. The worst part about finishing a book are those thoughts I get. Well, now what? What comes next? I miss them already! I need a little more! Does their relationship develop further? Please, I need to know! So the fact that I get to keep hearing about my beloved fictional characters, as I read new stories, makes me smile smile smile. (:

The first is Catching Jordan. Jordan is by far my favorite. Jordan is the quarterback. Jordan is the captain. Jordan is highly respected and looked up to by everyone on the team. Jordan is tough. Jordan is driven and focused. Jordan is strong. Jordan is a girl. iloveitiloveitiloveit. I completely love the fact that Jordan is this tough, beautiful, girl quarterback. It's the best. Witnessing the respect that her teammates (all boys) have for her is the coolest thing. They follow her leadership. They always have her back. Always. I love their friendships. She's one of the guys. They ride each other, mess around, and get real. I love it. I wouldn't mind being like Jordan. She's got major skills. And she doesn't back down. She plays football because she truly loves it. This book was completely un-put-down-able.


The second is Stealing Parker. Oh, Parker. She's great too. In the beginning, she has a wall up. She's been let down. So she masks her feelings by hooking up with boys. Lots of boys. Until she realizes that perhaps she's gone too far too fast. It gets real. Forgiveness. Being a good friend. Tangled hair. Corndog. Bo! Burning written prayers.


The third is Things I Can't Forget. Matt and Kate. I can't get enough. Matt is so sweet. I love their history. They were each other's first kiss. She was 11. He was 13. Seven years later, they meet again at the place it all began. Summer camp. How cute is that!? That's one of the things that I love most about this book. Their backstory. Their short little history.

Kate has strong beliefs. She can sometimes push people away with her judgmental ways, coming off a little too intense. But during the summer, she changes. She falls in love. She figures out where her convictions lie. She learns how to stand up for those convictions and how to be a good friend. She messed up, but she makes amends and pushes forward. She matures. In her life and in her faith.

Matt is a hot, confident frat boy. Or so he seems. But he's been hurt. He's been sad and lonely in the past, and has undergone great struggles. He turns to the girl who once saved his life - though she didn't know it - Kate. I love how they help each other heal the other's brokenness. And let me just say that what happened near the end of the book, on her porch, was so cute. And pretty hilarious at the same time. I loved it. Perfect. Matt's the best. Seriously.

Oh ! Oh ! Oh ! SPOILER ALERT! And Parker and Will are in this one. Which greatly added to my love for this book. They don't just appear for a quick moment, like Jordan and Sam, but they are truly apart of this story. In fact, Parker and Kate become close friends. So sweet. I most certainly did not get enough of Parker and Will as a couple in Stealing Parker. So it filled me with much happiness to watch their relationship and love grow in Things I Can't Forget!


I cannot wait for her fourth book, Racing Savannah. It comes out December 3, 2013. So far away! But here's what Miranda wrote about it on her blog.

"A contemporary romance set at Hundred Oaks High in Tennessee, this book is about an underprivileged girl training to be a horse jockey at a high stakes horse farm while dealing with her on-again/off-again relationship with the farm owner’s son.
You’ll get to catch up with characters from my first three books… and there might even be a wedding. ;-)"
Eeep! Girly squeal! A wedding! You know I love weddings! Who could it be?! Oh December, you are so far away... But! She also put up an excerpt from the book on her blog. Click here to read it, if you like. I did. And now I am even more excited and anxious with anticipation. Let me just reiterate the fact that I love Miranda Kenneally and her amazing books. L-O-V-E.




No comments:

Post a Comment