Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Persuasion

I finished Persuasion by Jane Austen on my break at work today. Anne and Wentworth. Here are a few of my favorite lines:

"A man does not recover from such devotion of the heart to such a woman! He ought not; he does not."

"... when pain is over, the remembrance of it often becomes a pleasure."

"All the privilege I claim for my own sex (it is not a very enviable one; you need not covet it), is that of loving longest, when existence or when hope is gone."

You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you.  

After work, I went to the library, just as I do about every Tuesday. When I got home, I went on my run. Listening to an audiobook, of course. I ran into the same girl from yesterday and talked to her for a bit. She's so nice. Afterwards, I sat on the beach. Winding down. Breathing in the crisp cool evening air. Watching the subtle waves break against the sand. Peace.



Exercise
Walk/Run w/ two 5 lb weights (45 min)

No comments:

Post a Comment