Saturday, May 11, 2013

Soldier

As I walked along the beach this morning, I spotted a tan baby boy running around in his birthday suit. Playing with sticks and sand and anything else he stumbled upon. Tripping on his toddling feet. Later, as I circled back around to that same spot, I noticed him splashing in the blue saltwater, safe in his daddy's arms. So cute. So precious. So free. Easily joyful. Reminding me of the way that my Heavenly Father watches over me as I explore all that I can find. Allowing me to touch, examine, run, and fall. Picking me up gently. Wiping away any remnants of dirt and sadness. Then taking me into His big, open arms. Safe and secure. Like a baby unable to swim in the depths of the ocean clinging to his dad, I too cling to my Dad when I can't do it on my own. He holds me so effortlessly. And I know that I won't drown as long as I don't let go. Having complete trust in His capability and love for me. Full of faith, I enter the crashing waves nestled in my Father's arms.

On another part of the beach, I happened to glimpse a "just married" couple taking wedding photos near the water. She in her lovely long white wedding gown as he hoisted her up into his arms and held her tightly to his chest. Both of them beaming at the other. So in love. Fully committed to one another. Recently exchanged vows dancing in the breeze around them. Reminding me of the vow I made when I declared, "Jesus is Lord!" And was baptized into the kingdom of God. Full of faith and readiness to put Him first. Committing my life. To serve Him. To love as He loved. To lay down my life as He had lain down His. It is good to remember. So I never forget.

Tonight I babysat two adorable little girls. They are so cute! We had so much fun. I love listening to their dialogue when they play pretend. They have quite an imagination. Rainbow Dash and Glitter Shine having a sleepover and running away from the "bad guy" aka a little fury bunny. Rescuing elephants who really need to pee but are unable to get outside. Sailing on a dangerous ship and jumping off into the dark water below. A continuous strand of silly made-up words.

Currently listening to Phillip Phillips station on Pandora. This song came on. Soldier by Gavin DeGraw. What fitting lyrics for the thoughts in my mind today. Like God is singing to me. Always there for me. Even if no one else is. So here it is.

Soldier - Gavin DeGraw

Where did all the people go?
They got scared when the lights went low.
I'll get you through it nice and slow,
When the world's spinning out of control.

Afraid of what they might lose
Might get scraped or they might get bruised.
You could beg them, what's the use?
That's why it's called a moment of truth

I'll get it if you need it,
I'll search if you don't see it,
You're thirsty, I'll be rain,
You get hurt, I'll take your pain.

I know you don't believe it,
But I said it and I still mean it,
When you heard what I told you,
When you get worried I'll be your soldier.

Funny when times get hard,
At the last moment when you're supposed to charge,
Always on the longest yard,
Oh, they feel their feet getting cold.

Hiding here, hiding there,
Find them underneath the stairs,
People hiding everywhere,
Trying to be still like a stone.

I'll get it if you need it,
I'll search if you can't see it,
You're thirsty, I'll be rain,
You get hurt, I'll take your pain.

I know you don't believe it,
But I said it and I still mean it,
When you heard what I told you,
When you get worried I'll be your soldier.

My aim is so true,
I wanna show you,
I'll try forever,
I'm never gonna say "surrender".

I'll get it if you need it,
I'll search if you can't see it,
You're thirsty, I'll be rain,
You get hurt, I'll take your pain.

I know you don't believe it,
But I said it and I still mean it,
When you heard what I told you,
When you get worried I'll be your soldier.

I'll be your soldier
Well I'll be, oh I'll be your soldier
I'll be your soldier
I'll be your soldier


But I too can choose to be a soldier. I will be a soldier for Christ.

2 Timothy 2: 1-14 NLT
"Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus. You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.

Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them. And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules. And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor. Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things.

Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach. And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.

This is a trustworthy saying:
          If we die with him,
              we will also live with him.
           If we endure hardship,
              we will reign with him.
          If we deny him,
              he will deny us.
           If we are unfaithful,
              he remains faithful,
              for he cannot deny who he is.


Remind everyone about these things, and command them in God’s presence to stop fighting over words. Such arguments are useless, and they can ruin those who hear them."


Exercise
Walking w/ two 5 lb weights (40 min)

Photos taken along my morning walk



Gecko listening to me play guitar

Lovely views


No comments:

Post a Comment